Statement of Faith
- We believe in the inspired Word of God, the Holy Scriptures as our authority of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity, One God manifested in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is our Father, Creator and Sustainer of all life. Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He is the only way to the Father because of his unique birth, life, death, resurrection, and ascension. The Holy Spirit is equally God, whose ministry is to convict, indwell, and empower every Christian.
- We believe man (Genesis 5:1-2) was created in God's image, but through Adam's fall, we inherit a sinful nature. Personal salvation is attained only through acceptance of Jesus Christ as personal Savior. Discipleship, growth, and accountability in Christ and the Church are necessary for every believer.
- We believe in God's prevenient, justifying, and sanctifying grace which draws us into divine relationship, must be claimed as an act of faith, and is perfected through the power of the Holy Spirit. Baptism and Holy Communion are the outward and visible signs of this inward and spiritual grace.
- We believe in the local church. We believe in the local church as Christ's witness to the world.
- We believe the Emmaus Movement supports the local church by nurturing and encouraging dedicated Christian leaders by promoting unity, inspiration, and fellowship in Christ.